Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Dying my hair Lush Cherry!

Before                  After 

Hey lovies ! So yesterday while I was about to do my hair I decided I was tired of the ugly brassy brown hair with serious root regrowth I had. I went into my cabinet and took out my all time favorite hair color which is Loreal Prefrence 5.26 Lush Cherry (Base:Violet) It seriously is such a gorgeous color. My hair looks darker with like redish purple tint to it. When I go out in the sun it is a beautiful burgandy purple color. I always get many compliments and questions about what color it is so here it is! I usually dye my hair every 3 months or so. Here are the steps I took to achieve this hair color:

- I had 3rd day hair so that way my natural hair oils could protect my scalp a bit
- I brushed it out very well and sectioned it into 4 sections
- I put vasaline all around my hair line, neck and ears
- I put on an old t-shirt that I did not mind getting dirty
- I mixed in the hair dye which was 2 fld oz with equal parts of 20 volume developer
- I started not on my roots but from my ends working my way up and leaving my roots alone
- When all of the hair was covered I went ahead and did my roots last
( I did this because my roots were darker then the rest of my hair and I wanted the lighter parts to really grab the color and also because my roots would grab the color easier since it was fresh regrowth)
- When all of my hair was saturated I went ahead and put my hair in a bun and put a shower cap on

After 45 minutes of leaving the dye in my hair I went ahead and rinsed out my hair with luke warm water until the water ran almost clear then I went ahead and used Ion Color Defense Intense Moisture Conditioner left it on for 10 minutes then rinsed out my hair with cold water. I wrapped it up in a towel for about 10 minutes then let it down and put some Argan oil on the ends of my hair and let it air dry. Then I styled it as desired.

**FYI: I've been dying my hair since 8th grade and now i'm in my second year of college. I have done many things to my hair including bleaching over 5 times and going red then blue and even purple so I am completely comfortable with doing my own hair.

Any questions or comments feel free to ask ! Thanks babes (:

No comments:

Post a Comment